Are you ready to feel better?
Proven, effective techniques to help you work
through life’s challenges
to set up a free 15-minute
consult or to book
How we think can dramatically
affect how we feel.
CBT shows us how our thought patterns influence our feelings, how we act in the world, and how we feel in our body. These parts of ourselves are all intimately connected. Changes in any of these areas will affect all of the other areas. It is very easy to get caught in a downward spiral and it can feel hard to lift yourself out of it alone. Through a variety of tools and strategies we will identify how to reverse that spiral.
Sometimes when you are going through a difficult time it can be hard to know where to start. We can start by figuring out the easiest place to start, that will have the biggest impact, while we keep working on long-term changes.
A highly researched and well respected form of therapy
There are thousands of studies documenting the effectiveness of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. The newest approaches to CBT incorporate concepts like mindfulness, and acceptance. At CBT Solutions these techniques are used, to increase mindful awareness of ourselves, with a foundation of cultivating self compassion. We all have these skills within ourselves, but sometimes they can feel buried and hard to access.
Why Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Is the Current Gold Standardof Psychotherapy
Fighting insomnia? Here’s a tool more powerful than drugs or ‘sleep hygiene’
When the mind won’t say stop
Four signs you’re depressed and how you can overcome it
What Is Cognitive Behaviour Therapy And How Can It Improve Mental Health?
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)offers
effective treatment for:
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Panic Disorder / Panic Attacks
Post Traumatic Stress (PTSD)
Post Concussive Syndrome
Contact CBT Solutions today
to discuss whether we can assist with your particular struggle or life challenge
Click here for an extensive list of studies documenting CBT’s effectiveness in treating a range of conditions:
About the therapist
Liz Curran – MSW, RSW
It’s an honour and a privilege to work with people through some of the most difficult struggles in their lives. I am constantly amazed at the strength and resiliency that we have as human beings. I believe in working with people’s strengths as well as challenges, and creating a foundation of compassion and respect in the therapy process. As a registered social worker, I have many years of experience working in community social service agencies, and private and non-profit counselling agencies. I’ve worked with people from all walks of life and backgrounds, and value diversity in all
its forms. A newcomer to Hamilton, I love this city, and I look forward to raising my daughter here.
I look forward to learning more about you and talking about how we can best work together to meet your goals.
Master of Social Work: University of Toronto
Bachelor of Arts, Honours : University of Guelph
Fundamentals of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: Adler Faculty of Continuing Education
Adapted CBT Techniques for Diagnostic Populations : Adler Faculty of Continuing Education
Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist: Centre for Ayurveda and Indian Systems of Healing
Additional workshops and trainings:
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy: Components of Group and Individual Treatment: Hincks-Dellcrest Centre
- The Pain Paradox: The “Third Wave” of Mindfulness-Compassion-Based Approaches for PTSD and Complex Trauma: Leading Edge Seminars
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behaviour Therapy: Centre for Mindfulness Studies
- Top 10 Anxiety Management Techniques: Leading Edge Seminars
- Techniques for Grief Counselling: Leading Edge Seminars
- CBT Bootcamp – Building Core Therapist and Client Skills Using MOM2: SOS Workshops
- CBT for Insomnia: Improving Anxiety, Depression, Chronic Pain, and Trauma Treatments through Sleep Management: Leading Edge Seminars
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST): Canadian Mental Health Association
- CBT Basics: Centre for Mindfulness Studies
- Supervision in Human Services: Hincks-Dellcrest Centre
- Nonviolent Conflict Prevention and Intervention
- CBT for Anxiety, CBT for Depression, CBT for Anger and Substance Use, CBT for Bipolar Disorder and Psychosis, CBT for GAD and OCD: Adler Faculty of Continuing Education
- Most workplace insurance plans provide coverage for sessions
with a Registered Social Worker
- Many Employee Assistance Plans provide coverage
- First Nations status members have access to federal funding
- Coverage may be possible through WSIB claims
- Session fees can be deducted on your income tax return
Session fee : $110 / hour
987 King St E, Unit 104B Hamilton, ON L8M 1C6
987 King St E, Unit 104B
Hamilton, ON L8M 1C6
- Parking is available behind the building in the spots not designated for other offices.
- You may mark in the spot labelled CBT Solutions if it is available.
- If the parking lot is full, there is metered parking available on King St E during the hours indicated
and free parking on Barnsedale and Senator (1Hr)
- The building is wheelchair accessible (from entrance on left side of the building) and accomodations will be made in office on request
- Easily accessible by transit
987 King St E, Unit 104B
Hamilton, ON L8M 1C6